We don’t like to brag, but Earth911.com has a pretty sweet local recycling search. In fact, it’s the only search of its kind for its size, scope and depth of information. And now, it’s even better.
The search is now faster and more customizable to help you narrow down our information to find exactly what you need:
- One of our favorite new features is the “Event Search” supported by Yahoo! Upcoming. If there’s a green event happening near you, it’s listed alongside your local recycling results. You can narrow your search based on distance – look at what’s happening five or 100 miles away. Can’t find an event near you? You can easily add your own and help spread the word to other recycling-minded members of your community.
- We’ve also worked hard to make sure you get the information you need as quickly as possible. In fact, the new search performs six times faster than our previous version.
- To better pinpoint what you’re looking for, flip through search results by using the new listings filter, breaking results down into physical locations, curbside services, local programs and even mail-in options.
- Need directions? Use our new map view under the Locations tab to get a bird’s eye view of what’s in your community.
- Based on the items you’re looking to recycle or properly dispose of and your location, our database automatically finds related listings and articles to help you delve deeper.
- If you like what you see on a listing or have a question, leave a comment using our new feature powered by Disqus.
So go ahead, check out the green box at the top of the screen and get plugged into your community. But beware: Using our search has been known to cause impulsive recycling behavior, resulting in severe reductions in the size of your waste.