Earth911 is proud to announce the launch of its free iRecycle® app for Android! Available only recently for iOS platforms such as iPhone and iPad, the new version of iRecycle is now not only available to one of the largest groups of smart phone users, but also highlighted in the Sprint Green ID pack.
Based on Earth911’s mantra that recycling is one of the easiest and most accessible ways to get people plugged into sustainability, the iRecycle® app provides access to more than 800,000 recycling and disposal resources for more than 240 materials. Also streaming the latest articles covering the trends and ideas in product stewardship and recycling that matter most, iRecycle® offers a completely unique user experience to the green Android sector.
“Ever since we launched for iPhone, our readers have asked for iRecycle® to be available on more platforms, and it’s great that we’ve been able to partner with Sprint to kick our Android app off the ground,” said Earth911’s Director of Platform and Applications, Tony Ash. ” Our team worked tirelessly to make sure this next era in iRecycle has increased usability and social media sharing options while also highlighting our original content. This is just the beginning in our Android development.”
Top features of the new-and-improved iRecycle® include:
- Find recycling locations and programs for more than 240 materials
- Search capabilities using current location, ZIP code, address or city
- Access a recycling listing’s vital details such as website, phone number, directions, hours of operation, and other materials collected to streamline the process
- The latest in product stewardship and recycling news with original content published daily by Earth911.com
- Social sharing for both recycling searches and articles via Facebook and Twitter
- Customizable Earth911 User Profiles to access insider scoops and weekly e-newsletter blasts
- Easy access to past searches and articles read with the History feature
- Unique iRecycle Android Widget that brings fresh content right to a device’s home screen
“The iRecycle® app provides a great resource for customers who are looking for up-to-date information about recycling and sustainability,” said Ralph Reid, vice president of corporate responsibility for Sprint. “We are delighted to include this app in Sprint’s Green ID pack and happy that all Android users can access and use it.”
For Sprint customers, the Green ID pack instantly adds apps, widgets and shortcuts exclusively for users who want their phone to match their sustainable lifestyles. The Green ID pack features mobile content from eco-friendly favorites like TreeHugger, Green America and the National Audubon Society. Owners of the LG Optimus S™, Sanyo Zio™, Samsung Transform™, Samsung Epic™ 4G* and Samsung Galaxy Tab™ can load the Green ID pack onto their device in one click.
“Releasing a new app into the Android Market is always exciting,” said Raquel Fagan, Earth911’s vice president of media, partnerships and advertising. “But launching with a company like Sprint, who continues to not only lead its industry but the nation in sustainability, brings a new level of reach and credibility to this announcement. We are proud to have a partner that walks the walk.”
Oh yeah, we’re excited.
Latest posts by Earth911 (see all)
- How the Cloud Is Going Green - August 14, 2017
- Hacks to Stay Cool: Beat the Heat Using Less Energy - July 31, 2017
- How to Shop for Clothes with the Earth in Mind - July 28, 2017