JetBlue Airlines is extending its Earth Day vibe through June 16 with its One Thing That’s Green contest, a pledge to make small changes to daily habits in order to better the environment. The airliner’s goal is to inspire 22,000 crewmembers, customers and communities across its network to make pledges on the JetBlue site.
The contest is part of JetBlue’s Jetting to Green initiative to become a more eco-friendly airline. So far, the company has made a number of efforts to achieve that goal. Along with the contest, JetBlue is partnering with Carbonfund.org to offset crewmember travel on company business. Customers can also make a contribution by offsetting the carbon emissions on their flights.
Entries for the One Thing That’s Green contest will be eligible for a number of eco-friendly prizes including:
- Grand Prize: 2010 3rd Generation Toyota Prius
- First Prize: HGTV Green Room Makeover including a professional and personalized consultation by an HGTV host
- Second Prize: Stylish and contemporary suite of ENERGY STAR qualified stainless steel kitchen appliances by Amana
- Third Prize: Three-night trip for two to The Boulders Resort & Golden Door Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz. The prize includes a private guided hiking tours and an organic tasting menu at the Eco-friendly resort (2 winners)
- Fourth Prize: Dell Studio Hybrid(TM) desktop PC with 19″ widescreen flat panel monitor and bamboo sleeve
- Fifth Prize: Bionaire(R) PERMAtech(R) Mini Tower Air Purifier and Ultrasonic Vase Humidifier to help create a healthier home environment (10 winners)
Every individual that makes One Thing That’s Green pledge will receive free access to one annual digital magazine subscription or book through Zinio’s Read Green Initiative.