Earth911 is a cutting-edge website that is always looking for fresh talent for our Data, Editorial, Sales and Platform and Applications teams. Please see below for current job listings.
Title: Front End UI/UX Developer
Every day, we create millions of pounds of waste. Why? There’s no need to let so many resources get tossed out or squandered.
So, we’re doing something about it.
Earth911.com is your best resource to live a lower-waste lifestyle. We’re not looking to turn your life upside down, but rather, to make some interesting, simple and effective changes that have a real impact. We have a ton of fun doing our jobs, and the only thing we’re serious about is helping our readers reduce their waste footprint every day.
The information we provide through our website and other platforms maintains a strict accuracy policy, and we take the distribution of fact-based, informational and actionable content in earnest.
Featured on popular venues like the Oprah Winfrey Show, Good Morning America and The New York Times, and syndicated by cool people like Mother Nature Network and the Huffington Post, we want everyone to know that wasting less is easy, and sometimes (dare we say) fun.
Our office is at Skysong at Scottsdale & McDowell. In addition to a competitive salary and health care package (including medical, dental, and vision coverage), working with Earth911 will grant you access to:
- paid sick and vacation time
- covered garage parking
- exclusive potluck lunches
- 401k plan
- stock options
- burrito eating contests (aka lunch at America’s Tacos)
As a UI/UX Developer, you will work with the Platform and Application and the Media teams to design, build, test, and assist in the deployment and maintenance of software applications for Earth911, including Earth911.com and iRecycle.
You have a passion for great design and the technical ability to achieve it. You have solid experience in web and/or UI design and are motivated, opinionated and want to take your career to the next level by joining us.
You are flexible and can work with a cross-functional team while prioritizing work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
You have the initiative to proactively seize opportunities that may arise while still accomplishing all of your scheduled tasks.
Token Bulleted List of Requirements
- 3-5 years of web application design experience with an emphasis on interaction and interface design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating clean, intuitive, and functional UX design (Please include a link of your online portfolio and details about your contributions)
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional design and seamless execution. You should feel equally comfortable wearing business, design and technical hats
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Methodical and detail orientated; there is not a thing you haven’t thought about in your designs. You demonstrate true design discipline.
- Efficient, organized and very effective within a collaborative team environment
- Great customer mindset and advocate must absolutely get and care for what drives customers
- Voracious appetite for all things Web; solid understanding of the capabilities of web browsers across multiple platforms
To apply, please include in your application: a cover letter, your resume, any pertinent recommendations, salary requirements and examples of your work including a link of your online portfolio and details about your contributions to Cheryl Skidmore; CherylS@QuestRMG.com