Plastic Film Recycl...

Plastic Film Recycling  

RSS

dstein
(@dstein)
22/08/2018 1:45 pm  

I own 6 UPS Stores in San Diego and would like to become a plastic film recycling drop off location. We're much more convenient then the supermarkets in town and makes sense because we use air pillows, bubble mailers, etc. in our packaging. Our space is not large enough to store a pallet full of film though. 

I sent a message on the website plasticfilmrecycling.org, but haven't heard back. Who in can I contact to potentially set us up as pickup locations for film plastic recycling in San Diego?

Mitch Ratcliffe
(@mratcliffe)
Member Admin
22/08/2018 8:23 pm  

We have a self-service tool to add your locations to the Earth911 database. Follow this link to sign up. After you enter your location information, we will review and verify the information, the publish it. It takes less than a day to turn around.

This post was modified 12 months ago by Mitch Ratcliffe

Mitch Ratcliffe
Earth911.com

ReplyQuote
dstein
(@dstein)
23/08/2018 3:57 pm  

I think you're misunderstanding my question. I looking to become a drop off spot. Take a look again at my question and let me know!  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Mitch Ratcliffe
(@mratcliffe)
Member Admin
23/08/2018 4:58 pm  

Apologies, I thought you were asking about how to be listed in Earth911's database. When you do start collecting materials, please do add your locations so our readers can find you.

It's easy to become a pick-up spot, the hard part is what to do with what you collect. plasticfilmrecycling.org is an industry site for information from the American Chemistry Council's Flexible Film Recycling Group and may not be much help to you in starting except as a learning resource. You'll want to go to  https://www.plasticsmarkets.org/ where you can find a local recycler of plastic that would accept the materials you collect. You should look for a local partner that will pick up the plastic or you can gather it from your six locations regularly and drop it off. There's a revenue opportunity in doing so. Alternatively, you could partner with a non-profit that would pick-up the plastic you collect and deliver it to a recycler.

That's the first step. Then you need to be found by people with recyclable plastics, which your existing business will certainly be valuable in kickstarting. I'm happy to talk it through. What other questions do you have after taking a look at the plastic markets site?

Mitch Ratcliffe
Earth911.com

ReplyQuote
Share: