Protect environment

Protect environment  

RSS

hybamboo
(@hybamboo)
New Member Registered
11/09/2019 12:46 am  

It is important to treat our environment with great respect, for we can be responsible for the damages we have caused.

There continues to be more and more of a push for eco-friendly products. This has never been of more importance,like http://www.hybamboofiber.com/

Mitch Ratcliffe
(@mratcliffe)
Member Admin
11/09/2019 10:38 am  

Thanks for the pointer! Do you anticipate any tariff impacts on Chinese-made plant-based materials?

Mitch Ratcliffe
Earth911.com

ReplyQuote
Huntsville Auto Detail
(@huntsville-auto-detail)
New Member Registered
24/09/2019 1:04 pm  

As I was searching for ways to reduce water usage last month, I stumbled across this thread. 

As an Auto Detailing Business in Alabama, I am always interested in techniques to reduce our water usage when detailing cars. Luckily, I found a few solutions that have cut our usage in half while maintaining our current level of work! Over the past month, we have changed our operating procedures immensely. Each detail we perform is now done with 50% water less wash techniques. Essentially, we minimized the amount of our wash that uses water by 100%.

If anyone is interested in how my company is now operating under eco friendly principles, just leave a comment below!

- Michael Orso

ReplyQuote
Mitch Ratcliffe
(@mratcliffe)
Member Admin
26/09/2019 11:35 am  

Michael, would you like to write a short article explaining what people should look for in a sustainable car wash? What questions should they ask?

Mitch Ratcliffe
Earth911.com

ReplyQuote
Huntsville Auto Detail
(@huntsville-auto-detail)
New Member Registered
26/09/2019 3:55 pm  

@mratcliffe

That would be awesome! 

After writing the article, should I post it here? Or should I send it to you?

ReplyQuote
Mitch Ratcliffe
(@mratcliffe)
Member Admin
26/09/2019 7:26 pm  

@Michael. Please send it to me at mitchratcliffe@earth911.com.

Mitch Ratcliffe
Earth911.com

ReplyQuote
Bluemoons
(@bluemoons)
New Member Registered
25/10/2019 3:55 am  

I think we have many innovative methods to recycle and reduce but that's not enough. Whats a point if we cant implement it at larger scale? Similarly they are coming with more and and recyclable products and the products made up of recycled material. But are not always affordable or mostly costly like this one https://www.essentialhommemag.com/take-a-look-at-the-worlds-first-bamboo-sneakers/

What I am trying to say is when they come up with these kind of sustainable and innovative products there are only few people who can afford these. While we desperately to repair the whole roof, fixing a hole not gonna help us. I understand the cost that goes into the R and D has to be recovered  and its amazing that more and more efforts are being made. But we need to focus on cost of the end product and the reach for the same. If there is enough awareness, feasibility and value in the product more people will buy it and we can then ultimate make some significant impact.

Yes I understand the baby steps, but why not define that baby step as a bigger patch than just a tiny fancy whole?

ReplyQuote
Mitch Ratcliffe
(@mratcliffe)
Member Admin
25/10/2019 11:45 am  

Bluemoons, we share your frustration with the slow pace of change. The challenge, however, is to make any bite one person or company might take out of the problem a reasonable and achievable step to take. Otherwise, we get caught up in trying to boil the ocean rather than warm one pot of water that starts a change.

If we would decide as a society to live sustainably, the Big Change would happen. It takes examples of success to start that movement, so we hope that helping make daily choices more sustainable will contribute to the realization everything can change.

Mitch Ratcliffe
Earth911.com

ReplyQuote
Bluemoons
(@bluemoons)
New Member Registered
01/11/2019 1:34 am  

I understand sir, it's just that sometimes it all seems foolish. I know the importance of doing the best we can but, it still bothers me that our bests are growing very slow to the bests, which can be much better than our present bests.

ReplyQuote
Share: