Do not adjust your screen! That reddish pink glow is the fascinating world of hydroponics and Earth911TV has all the red hot details on this exciting indoor food production concept.
Watch as we interview Food 3.0 at Earth Day Texas. According to the project ‘Our planet desperately needs new, more sustainable agricultural technologies that provide very high productivity but require very low input.’ Therefore, the project is focused on;
- Eliminating food production losses
- Reducing non-renewable inputs
- Optimizing plants for low-input production
In a nutshell, Food 3.0 is championing hydroponics in order to produce food closer to areas of population. What does mean for you? Fresher food and less waste in the process. Ready to try hydroponics yourself? We encourage you to take #SmallSteps in YOUR life! After watching this episode, check out our coverage of hydroponics.
The trick is starting small and growing from there. How are you making sure you know where your food comes from?
For great ideas on recycling check out the following articles and guides:
- Earth911 Recycling Guides
- Browse all articles on Recycling
- Find out where to recycle stuff in your area
- From Farm to Fork!
- Paper & The Digital Revolution
- Grow Your Own Food!
- Kitchen Hacks!
- Breathe Easy! DIY Cleaner Air For Your Home