Saturday, Jan. 24, at the South Beach Comedy Festival in Miami, FL., Comedy Central will host an electronics recycling event in conjunction with its eco-social initiative, Address The Mess. According to Comedy Central, discarded electronics contribute to over 70 percent of the toxins found in our nation’s landfills.
This year, E-COMB & SIR International will be on hand in the front drive-way of The Fillmore at the Jackie Gleason Theatre (where the festival is being held) to help participants “Scrap Your Crap” and “Save the Planet” from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Acceptable items include:
- Computers, computer monitors and computer peripherals (like keyboards)
- Printers, fax machines and photocopiers
- Televisions, VCRs and stereos
- Home and office phones and cell phones
However, please do not bring:
- Smoke alarms/detectors
- Large appliances (such as refrigerators)
- Medical equipment
- Any unit with sludge or liquids
If you can’t make the event itself, a drop-off for small electronics (like laptops, cell phones and chargers) will be inside the ticket/box office on Jan. 23 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Comedy Central’s Address the Mess is committed to showing viewers easy ways to reduce waste, improve their lives and help revive the planet.