Jeans are a staple in many people’s wardrobes, something we wear all the time and don’t really think about much. But every piece of clothing has a carbon footprint. Be aware of the footprint our jeans make on the world. One pair of jeans carries a 915-pound carbon footprint over four years of weekly use. Think about what you wear and how to make the most of your wardrobe.
Print or share We Earthling posters to inspire others with your stories. Would you like to share a photo and story? Drop by the Earthling Forum to contribute your photos and ideas.
The source of our data, go-green.ae, refers to the results of a study by the Department of Eco-Design and Sustainable Development of the French Environment Agency: “The production process is believed to be responsible for approximately 59 per cent of the climate change impact, while the use of the jeans and end of life process (i.e., heading to a landfill) accounts for the remaining 41 per cent.”
This post was originally published on September 24, 2019.