Restore our Earth. That’s the theme for Earth Day 2021, coming up on April 22, 2021. How are you celebrating Earth Day? There’s so much you can do to help restore our planet, from joining a cleanup, planting trees, and civic action to hosting an event online or in your community.
This Earth Day, we have an important opportunity to challenge world leaders to see climate change for what it is — a pressing global security threat, one that threatens everyone and everything but particularly our most vulnerable people and places.” –Kathleen Rogers, president of Earthday.org
Join an Earth Day Event
- One of the easiest ways to take action is by participating in a local cleanup. Find a cleanup near you on the Great Global Cleanup interactive map.
- Learn how we can Restore Our Earth by joining EARTHDAY.ORG and their partners for three virtual climate summits that will be held on April 20 and 21.
- On Earth Day, April 22, join the second Earth Day Live digital event, which includes segments taking place around the world starting at noon Eastern Time. Workshops, panel discussions, and special performances will focus on Earth Day’s 2021 theme, Restore Our Earth.
- Find more events you can join on the Earth Day event map. Check back for additional events that will be added to the map as we get closer to Earth Day.
If you can’t wait until Earth Day to take action, no problem! Check out 51 Ways To Restore Our Earth for a list of practical actions you can take now or any day.
Host an Earth Day Event
- If you’d like to host an Earth Day event, EARTHDAY.ORG has guidance for planning a teach-in, a digital event, or an online community climate discussion. You can find graphics, social media guidelines, and more information in the Earth Day Action Toolkit. Be sure and register your event so others can participate.
- You can also host a cleanup as part of the Great Global Cleanup. Make sure you follow safety guidelines to keep all volunteers safe.
- If you’re an educator, check out the education and action resources at EARTHDAY.ORG.
Donate to EARTHDAY.ORG
Unable to participate in an event? EARTHDAY.ORG works to diversify, educate, and activate the environmental movement worldwide to drive positive action for our planet. You can support this work by donating to EARTHDAY.ORG (previously the Earth Day Network). (EARTHDAY.ORG is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.)