How many t-shirts are in your drawers? It’s estimated that over 2 billion t-shirts are sold each year (2012, Repair the World). T-shirts are a staple in our families wardrobe, but what happens to t-shirts when they don’t get worn any longer? You could always donate them to a thrift store, but their t-shirt shelves are overflowing and there isn’t much demand for used t-shirts. If you are a craft person, there are hundreds of fun projects you can make using t-shirts. Below are just a few of my favorite ways to upcycle t-shirts.
1. This super cozy t-shirt shag rug by Molly Kay Stoltz.
2. These super hip t-shirt baby bibs by A Little Tipsy.
3. A cuddly manaTEE from We Lived Happily Ever After.
4. Super affordable t-shirt cloth diapers by Dirty Diaper Laundry.
5. Reusable t-shirt menstrual pads by Put A Cup In It.
6. This useful t-shirt braided keychain from Crafts by Amanda.
7. These decorative t-shirt pom poms by Craftaholics Anonymous.
8. These educational t-shirt alphabet magnets by The Daily B.
9. This precious t-shirt knotted headband by Love Stitched.
10. This very colorful crocheted t-shirt rug by Cauda Design.
11. This handy no-sew t-shirt tote bag by Mommypotamus.
The hardest part will be deciding exactly which t-shirts to cut up! What will you be creating first?