We Earthlings: The Carbon Footprint of Jeans

Share this idea!

Jeans are a staple in most people’s wardrobes, something we wear all the time and don’t really think about much. Every piece of clothing has a carbon footprint. Be aware of the footprint our jeans make on the world. One pair of jeans carries a 915-pound carbon footprint over four years of weekly use. Think about what you wear and how to make the most of your wardrobe.

Print or share We Earthling posters to inspire others with your stories. Would you like to share a photo and story? Drop by the Earthling Forum to contribute your photos and ideas.

 

blue jeans

Data source: Go-Green.ae

The source of our data, <a href=”http://The production process is believed to be responsible for approximately 59 per cent of the climate change impact, while the use of the jeans and end of life process (ie. heading to a landfill) accounts for the remaining 41 per cent.”>go-green.ae</a>, refers to the results of a study by the Department of Eco-Design and Sustainable Development of the French Environment Agency: “The production process is believed to be responsible for approximately 59 per cent of the climate change impact, while the use of the jeans and end of life process (ie. heading to a landfill) accounts for the remaining 41 per cent.”

You Might Also Like…
Recent Posts

Earth911

We’re serious about helping our readers, consumers and businesses alike, reduce their waste footprint every day, providing quality information and discovering new ways of being even more sustainable.
Earth911

Comments

    1. Hi, the source of this data, go-green.ae, refers to the results of a study by the Department of Eco-Design and Sustainable Development of the French Environment Agency:

      The production process is believed to be responsible for approximately 59 per cent of the climate change impact, while the use of the jeans and end of life process (ie. heading to a landfill) accounts for the remaining 41 per cent.

Leave a Comment