Vision & Mission
Our vision and mission are simple — create a community that helps people find their own shade of green, adopt environmentally sound practices and drive impactful environmental changes. We are here to deliver a mix of targeted media content and recycling data so that you can live a happier, healthier, sustainable lifestyle — one that protects this wonderful planet we all call home.
What We Believe
- Wasting less is a journey, and we’re glad you’re along for the ride
- Education and community are vital to impact real change
- Thousands of individual small changes create a large, positive impact
- Your voice can be heard; your actions will make a positive difference
Our Goal Is to Provide You With
- Environmental news and content to help you acheive a zero-waste lifestyle
- A community forum to share ideas and products that help you help the Earth
- Information about environmental causes to join
What We Have Achieved
For more than 20 years, Earth911 has positioned itself as the Recycling Authority. We were in the green space before it was cool.
The foundation of Earth911 is the recycling directory, available via:
- The internet at Earth911.com
- The toll-free hotline 1-800-CLEANUP™
- The mobile application iRecycle for Android and iOS
The directory provides consumers and businesses with over 1.6 million ways to recycle more than 350 different materials. If you’re looking to recycle a product, chances are Earth911 can help.
Where We’re Headed
Earth911’s goal is to continue to be the leader in helping consumers and businesses reduce their daily waste. We have exciting things planned in the future, such as:
- Expanding our pool of writers to bring a wider range of content
- Expanding ways for you to collaborate with others — continuing the dialogue
But, we can’t get there without you! You are a part of the solution.
What is Earth911 Media, you ask? Well, it is a lifestyle and media publishing website connecting people with impactful information for living a lower-waste lifestyle — from work and home to food and style.
We’re serious about helping our readers, consumers and businesses alike, reduce their waste footprint every day, providing quality information and discovering new ways of being even more sustainable.
Earth911 Media was featured three consecutive years on Oprah’s Earth Day TV special, in addition to regular mention on media sites like Huffington Post and USA Today Green Living. The website receives over five million unique visitors annually, making it an attractive platform for advertisers looking to reach a diverse, eco-conscious audience.