If you haven’t joined in the 23rd annual Great American Cleanup yet, there is still time to get involved. Taking place through June 20, Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup invites everyone to join the spring cleaning movement and contribute to cleaner communities across the country.
Ready to help maintain clean, green, and beautiful spaces? Here are just a few of the many ways you can still get involved.
- Sign up to volunteer at your local Great American Cleanup event or, better yet, host your own.
- Set a goal to pick up litter for at least 15 minutes each day for one month. Be sure to follow local health guidelines.
- Join Keep America Beautiful’s 152 Challenge and pick up 152 pieces of litter. Why 152? According to KAB’s 2020 National Litter Study, if everyone made the individual action of picking up 152 pieces of litter (all at once) there would be no litter on the ground unless someone littered again. Share your experience on social media: tag Keep America Beautiful and include #152AndYou.
- Go plogging. Plogging combines jogging with picking up litter, offering exercise benefits while supporting your community and the environment.
- Teach children to properly dispose and recycle with fun activities and Waste in Place lessons.
Visit Keep America Beautiful for the full list of 21 ways to get involved in the Great American Cleanup.
Although the Great American Cleanup ends on June 20 this year, keeping America — and planet Earth — beautiful is a year-round job. So, keep up the good work even after this year’s Great American Cleanup is over.
Featured image courtesy of leovalente, Pixabay