Landscaping can take a drab outdoor home environment and turn it dreamy. But, your chosen landscaping shouldn’t tax your environment. What do we mean by that? We like the term ecological landscaping and the folks over Fix have done a great job communicating just what that means. The infographic below outlines great information such as;
- 3 reasons to recycle grass clippings
- What’s native in your region
- 7 steps to installing a rain barrel
As author Jodi Helmer puts it in Ecological Landscaping — Reducing Your Lawn and Property’s Impact While Keeping it Looking Lush;
…implement some green landscape techniques to keep the lawn and garden healthy and beautiful with minimal environmental impact.
Implement ecological landscaping that compliments your native region. This is going to mean different things depending on your part of the country. By following these simple suggestions you’ll reduce waste, and your landscaping will thank you kindly. So go ahead, go native!
Ecological landscaping explained
Source: Fix.com Blog. Feature image credit: White78 / Shutterstock
Latest posts by Chase Ezell (see all)
- Ecological Landscaping Works, Plus How To Do It Correctly - September 26, 2016
- Create Your Own DIY Scandinavian Design Pieces - September 6, 2016
- Why Compartmentalizing Your Garden Works - August 16, 2016