What #SmallSteps can you take to use less water? Here are some painless ways to do it!
Pacific Institute, a non profit policy research organization 7 billion gallons of water is wasted every day by Americans.
One of the main causes is leaking faucets. 10 times per minute wastes 526 gallons a year. 1 million homes with ONE leaking faucet wastes 526 million gallons! That’s almost 11 million dollars wasted a year.
Try looking at your water meter and log the number BEFORE you leave the house, with no one there. When you get back, if that number has moved, then you know you have a leak to fix.
You can also do other things to save water painlessly!
- Don’t pre-wash your dishes. Get the bigger crumbs off, and put them directly into the dishwasher.
- Turn OFF the water while brushing your teeth.
- Choose a Shower Song 4 minutes or less.
- Shower with a partner.
What #SmallSteps are you taking? What steps are you going to try?
For great ideas on recycling check out the following articles and guides:
- Earth911 Recycling Guides
- Browse all articles on recycling
- Find out where to recycle stuff in your area