St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration where it’s very easy to get carried away with unhealthy food and drink choices. Artificial food coloring is commonplace — think green beer and green pastries — and the food options aren’t always great for the waistline, either.
This year, you can choose a healthier food and beverage menu for your St. Paddy’s Day festivities. It’s easier than you might think! There are so many great ideas out there to help you make choices that will be better for your body, and they won’t disappoint your taste buds, either.
Check out these 15 healthy recipes that will naturally green your St. Patrick’s Day party. There’s something for everyone to enjoy, with choices for every meal of the day.
We encourage you to buy milk, dairy, and other ingredients from local, sustainable farms, which are far better for the environment than industrial farm operations.
- Shamrock Veggie Skewers (super easy and quick to make) from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Shamrock Chips (simple and great for dipping) from Chickabug
- Leprechaun Hats (these would be great for a class party) from Creative Food
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers (beautiful, delicious, and fun) from the Comfort of Cooking
- St. Patrick’s Day Fruit Salad (easy to make from many fruits) from MegaCrafty
- Banana Gold Coins (the simplest option of them all) from Artsy Momma
- Shamrock Waffles (fun for anyone) from Tone It Up
- Patrick’s Day Leftover Shamrock Breakfast (a great way to use leftovers) from RaisingNaturalKids
- Shamrock Smoothie (a cute St. Paddy’s Day twist on a classic) from Artsy Momma
- Shamrock Sandwiches (dill and Dijon mustard add zip to the corned beef) from Taste of Home
- Pesto Pockets (a great alternative to your standard lunch) from Super Healthy Kids
- Slow Cooked Corn Beef with Cabbage and Horseradish Sauce (low-carb, Keto, and dairy-free) from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Roasted Cabbage with Lemon (a simple yet delicious vegan dish) from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Healthy Chocolate Shamrocks (every celebration is better with chocolate!) from Slick Housewives
- Raw Coconut Cream Pie (the zucchini makes it green!) from Chocolate Covered Katie
Do you have a favorite healthy St. Paddy’s Day recipe? Share it with the community in the Earthling Forum.
Editor’s note: Originally published on March 17, 2015, this article was updated in February 2019.