While many people don’t like the physical act of house cleaning almost everyone likes the end result — a clean home. There is just something about that new, crisp unpolluted landscape – if only just temporary. Now when it comes to the cleaning solutions themselves, store bought options are always a short commute or click away. They come in all colors, shapes, sizes and smells — literally. If you’re looking to skip the store bought variety and truly know what it is you are cleaning with, we’ve got 6 simple DIY cleaning solution recipes for you in this episode of Earth911TV. (Each recipe is also listed out beneath the video below.)
6 DIY cleaning solution recipes
- Natural Dish-washing Liquid
- 1/2 C Baking Soda
Mix enough dish-washing liquid to make a paste.
Use: Perfect for tubs, tiles and toilets.
Download the All-Natural Cleaning Cheatsheet
This room-by-room guide to cleaning everything in your home is available in the Earth911 Resource Library.
- 1/4 tsp Natural Dishwashing Liquid
- 3 tbs White distilled vinegar
- 2 Cups Water
- Lemon twist or lemon oil
Use: Shake, spray and dry
All Purpose Cleaner:
- 1/2 tsp Washing soda
- 1/2 tsp Natural liquid soap (castile)
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil or Jojoba
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar or Lemon Juice
Use: Dab solution with a cloth and wipe wood surfaces.
- 1 tsp Tea Tree or Clove Essential Oil
- 2 Cups of Water
Use: Spray and wipe or spray and let dry.
Wood Floor Cleaner:
- 1/4 cup olive or jojoba oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 12 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 cups hot water
Use: Dip mop or cloth rag in the mixture. Spread a thin layer on flooring.
Looking for more DIY content from Earth911TV? You’ll want to check out these other recent episodes.
- DIY Recipes To Repel Bugs
- DIY Upcycled Keepsake Jar
- DIY Sinus & Allergy Relief
- DIY Laundry Detergent
- DIY Lip Balm