While many people don’t like the physical act of house cleaning, almost everyone likes the end result — a clean home. There is just something about that new, crisp unpolluted landscape — if only just temporary. Now when it comes to the cleaning solutions themselves, store-bought options are always a short commute or click away. They come in all colors, shapes, sizes and smells — literally.
But if you would like to skip the store-bought variety and truly know what ingredients you are cleaning with, we have six simple DIY cleaning solution recipes for you in this episode of Earth911TV. (Each recipe is listed beneath the video below.)
6 DIY cleaning solution recipes
- Natural dishwashing liquid
- 1/2 cup baking soda
Mix enough dish-washing liquid to make a paste.
Use: Perfect for tubs, tiles and toilets.
- 1/4 teaspoons natural dishwashing liquid
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Lemon twist or lemon oil
Use: Shake, spray and dry
All Purpose Cleaner:
- 1/2 teaspoon washing soda
- 1/2 teaspoon natural liquid soap (Castile)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon olive or jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar or lemon juice
Use: Dab solution with a cloth and wipe wood surfaces.
- 1 teaspoon tea tree or clove essential oil
- 2 cups water
Use: Spray and wipe or spray and let dry.
Wood Floor Cleaner:
- 1/4 cup olive or jojoba oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 12 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 cups hot water
Use: Dip mop or cloth rag in the mixture. Spread a thin layer on flooring.